Featured Post

Byeon Woo Seok Finally Realizes Kim Hye Yoon's True Feelings for Him in Lovely Runner Episode 10

This drama is piercing straight to my heart since it started its flight for the 2nd half. Gosh, I really love it when there is an angst involved in the story. lol I feel like the real deal is finally happening to the show. kkk Anyways, episode 10, Sun Jae found out the real feelings of Sol for him all thanks to Tae Sung. I can't express how happy I am for this great news! I mean, finally no more going around in circles. Tbh, when Sun Jae asked about Sol coming from the future, I had expected that Sol would make up excuses again, but she didn't. She told him the truth but just didn't tell the whole story and the real reason why she was there in that time zone because she wasn't capable of it since the deity won't allow her. Thankfully, Sun Jae is a smart guy being able to pick up clues now after he heard that one drunken night where Sol sang Sun Jae's unreleased song. The breaking news in year 2023 about Sun Jae's unfortunate incident was also changed into Ec

Appreciation Post for Red Velvet's Wendy #1: Amazing Vocalist!

So recently I've been really into Red Velvet. I honestly looked crazy all day long every time I search and fangirl about them everywhere like in youtube, google, tumblr and twitter coz they all made me laugh. And I just hope they all stick together till the end for a very long time. Although I'm kind of worried with Irene, coz she's now 28 that she might have a mind of settling down or perhaps getting uncomfortable with regards to their performances or the people that are judging her for staying inside a young group. I just hope she won't get a negative mind like that and just continue with their promotions as OT5. Please don't disband. *cries in the corner

Anyway, if you can see on the title of this blog entry it says "appreciation post" about Wendy with no. (#) sign in the end because I want to keep counting the reasons why she's an amazing person. I feel like among all the members in Red Velvet, Wendy always got the least spot in popularity and appreciation from the fans. And since I've decided that she's my bias and that I have a blog like this I feel like I need to somehow bring out to the world how AWESOME Wendy is as a person and as an artist. Like seriously, I've been listening to Red Velvet's music from last month until now and I just can't get enough of their voices especially Wendy's. To be honest, I've been repeating the pre-chorus of Psycho all the time coz Wendy's voice just get me all the time too. Kyaaa such an addicting voice!

Speaking of Wendy's voice, let me start this appreciation post about her by sharing a few of my loved songs and performances of her.  Damn that angel surely has a beautiful voice she's so effin' good! Amazing! I cannot. lol Just by reading this blog entry you will know how much time I've spent in searching for Wendy's performances on youtube all these while. Have I mentioned, I still haven't got myself back to my Japanese studies all because of Red Velvet? Gosh what to do with them?



So I just found out that Wendy had a vocal cord nodule even before they debuted but despite that it didn't stop her from giving us an excellent performance everytime. A lot has been saying that she's the best vocalist among the 3rd generation of kpop girl groups. Wow right? I mean, I too can hear how her voice is so similar with the beast Taeyeon when it comes to how beautiful she sang and they way she hits high and low notes. Just by hearing Taeyeon and now Wendy, my soul has been filled with so much good music. Amazing girls with extraordinary voices!

When it comes to OSTs, it always has been Taeyeon that keep winning the number 1 spot for me. Whenever I hear Taeyeon's voice on a Kdrama, I can't help but get mesmerized and be more hooked with the kdrama I'm watching. That's so Taeyeon she's unrivaled when it comes to OST but not anymore when I discovered Wendy!

My favorite so far was from the Kdrama, The Beauty Inside entitled Goodbye. It was such a good song and even the lyrics causes me sadness. And knowing how soulful Wendy sings, I can't help but be more lonely. lol Wendy you're making me depressed in a good way though. Does that makes sense? 😂 During Taeyeon's karaoke session on her instagram, she sang this also. kyaaa double kill!

Next one is Touch Your Heart's OST entitled What if Love. This song was loved by many and brought Wendy an Asia Pacific Gold Song of the Year  award at Annual Fresh Asia Music Awards 2019. Even though she hasn't debuted yet as a solo artist, she won against the big soloists like IU and Chen! WOW! I'm so proud of her! She's so deserving of all the good awards on earth!

One of my favorites from Wendy's live performances was her cover of Pixie Lott's Everybody Hurts Sometimes. It's just so amazing how she sings with so much feelings, you could tell that she has been through a lot right? Wendy please get well soon and listen to this song again to be enlightened during this time too. T_T #GetwellsoonWendy
Even Pixie Lott instantly became a fan of the way Wendy sang her song. She even posted it on her twitter and instagram. She followed Red Velvet's official instagram too because of that. lol

Next one was her performance during the "King of Masked Singer" where she sang Love Over a Thousand Years by Park Wan Yu. Even when she's singing high notes I never cringe over it because it still sound so perfect! How?!

Wendy truly loves singing and I hope everyone supports her for that. Seeing her doing collaborations with so many great artists around the world surely makes my heart cheer for her. Here, I will show you a few of her greatest collaborations and am hoping SM Entertainment would give more opportunity for her this year and the following years because she really deserved it.

This is probably my most favorite so far, her duet with John Legend entitled Written in The Stars. This song is so calming that I can't believe that this song is so underrated. I mean, this deserves so much popularity. Wendy and John Legend did an exceptional duet here. I will probably stream this for the rest of my life for Wendy. lol Please help me get this more views! Honestly this would be popular if only they did promotions for this on music shows but that'll be too much to ask right?

She was also featured in Ricky Martin's song entitled Vente Pa' Ca. There was no music video for this though, too bad. Wendy sounded really natural when she's singing in English and I love it very much. 

Aside from those songs and performances I've mentioned above, Wendy being an amazing vocalist would not be described completely if I will not bring up the fact that she's the MAIN VOCALIST of Red Velvet. Let's not forget about that of course. Her voice in their Red Velvet songs are outstanding and I think it's impossible to omit her voice whenever she's not around (now that she's injured) during RV's performances. Not that I think RV's not gonna do well but I mean, Wendy is their main vocalist so it would really sound a bit lacking if her voice can't be heard. It's good that all members can sing though and that can be reassuring that they'll do just fine at times that Wendy's not around. Anyways, here's a compilation of Wendy's wonderful singing.


Although Wendy's voice still shines whenever she sings on an upbeat RV song, it just felt different when she's singing ballad. Her voice can match any genre though coz she really sings from the heart. Such a versatile singer indeed!

Would U Live Acoustic Version
Goodbye (with Joy & Seulgi) 
This trio is like the best out there! I'm crying they are so perfect!!!
Although this is not their official song, I would still want to include this here coz it just shows that they sound so amazing whenever they blended well like that in a song.

One of These Nights

Wendy is often doing song covers too! That's how much she really likes singing! Waaa!

Her cover of Lady Gaga's Shallow from A Start Is Born is by far my favorite, if you all can see how humble she is despite her amazing talents then you guys wouldn't really sleep on her. Even the members are that mesmerized and supportive for her. They are the best family ever, very sincere reactions. I honestly really love watching videos like this wherein I'm able to see the reactions of RV members while she's singing just because they are so much like her fans too. lol

Shallow


And moooore!

And that's it for now, if this post doesn't make you realize how talented and impressive Wendy is as a person and as an artist then I don't know anymore. I will do posts like this for Wendy, because she deserves all the love in the world! I was thinking that if Wendy is the type of person who really cannot speak for herself just because she's too nice or afraid that she might look like bragging, then I'll do that for her. She needs to be appreciated moooore!!! I am hoping that SM Entertainment would really take care of her and hone her just like what they did for Taeyeon. They need to use her talent and just needs to properly promote Wendy and her songs to catch the people's attention more. 

Let me leave a few of Wendy's photos here rocking her famous short hair cut. She really looked fantastic with this style!





 ---
~Credits to the rightful owners of the photos and videos used. Thank you very much~

Comments

  1. Thank you for making this appreciation post about Wendy! She's an amazing artist and she's my ultimate bias too, ever since I became a huge fan of RV early this year! I have a playlist of RV videos that drive me mad, check them out! Cheers! :D

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj9STDa3TsOD4FGZ6HQM5x1kHwz_H5bkr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do more of this "appreciation post" for our Wendy!! :)
      Wow, thank you for that playlist! It'll be easier for me to get to know them more! Yay!

      Delete

Post a Comment