Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Mr. Queen Kdrama Will Indeed Make Anyone Laugh


I finally started watching Mr. Queen and was able to catch up with the episodes. Wow, I already had the impression that it is a funny one but I didn't expect it would be that hilarious. A man with an oozing self love whose soul transferred to a woman, of all people, it's the Queen from Korea's history! Man, if you don't find this hilarious then there must be something wrong with you. I am very much delighted with all the turn of events, from episode 1 to 14. I seriously binge watch that in 2 days! Sure, I'm a bit late with all the fun in watching it episode by episode, but I am so glad I was able to catch up! I'll be doing reviews for the remaining episodes, so stay tuned! 

I loved how this story started with the King hating our Queen So Yong (Shin Hye Sun) because he wrongly accused her as someone being controlled by the clan he despised the most. King Cheoljong (Kim Jung Hyun)'s character was the target of my love and hate emotions for this drama. When the story progresses with So Yong's pitiful story unfolding every episodes, my blood just boils whenever I see Cheoljong. He's blinded by his revenge that he wasn't able to see the goodness in So Yong. Fortunately, yes it is a fortunate event for me that the narcissist head chef of modern day Blue House, Jang Bong Hwan's (Choi Jinhyuk) soul merged within the Queen's body and started showing her good side. 

And now that the King has seen this side So Yong, he has fallen for her. Him. Her. Wah! That's another question of mine, who is the King in love with? The Queen Soyong or the soul of Jang Bong Hwan? And considering that Jang Bong Hwan is starting to feel emotions for the King, does that mean he's already having a heart of a woman? Lol or is he just being carried away by the body of the Queen? There are so many questions but I'll be willing to wait for all of it to be revealed and clear my mind. 

I'm growing an attachment for this drama's characters, Queen Soyong, King Cheoljong, Lady Choi (Cha Chung Hwa), Court Lady Hong Yeon (Chae So Eun) and Royal Chef Man Bok (Kim In Kwon). All these names I have mentioned are my favorites and they are all likeable characters so it's understandable, right? But I cannot hide how much I have huge admiration with the actress Shin Hye Sun's performance of Queen Cheorin/ Soyong. She did an impressive job with acting out male's wicked mind and character at the same time being a prim and proper queen at times. She's a believable actress which is why everything is just so hilarious whenever she's on a roll. 

Can I just point out also that I really liked Grand Queen Dowager's relationship with Soyong whenever they are talking about food and beauty products/tips? They could have been a perfect resemblance of grandma and grand daughter relationship but Queen Dowager is just too greedy. She will fall soon along with his brother. 

I hope the Queen Soyong and King Cheoljong will be happy in the end. I just don't know who the king will end up with, Soyong's real soul or Jang Bong Hwan's soul? Hmmm... 


----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments