October 12, 2024

Honest Review for "Love Next Door" Drama | Jung Hae In and Jung So Min


It's been a week since Love Next Door got finished airing. Since I got a lot of time today, I think I can finally react to the whole run of the show so I have a record here on my blog. I'll be truly honest with my review so I can finally move on from it. 

Tbh, I have anticipated this drama before like everyone else. I was thinking that it could be the next big thing and it's my first time ever to watch Jung Hae In and Jung So Min fully in a drama. First 2 episodes were really good too when it started but as it goes by, the excitement I initially felt for it diminished to the point that I'm having a hard time already to finish an episode. There's just so many things going on here tbh, and it felt like it wanted to be so many things at once. It's trying hard to be so deep that it's throwing a lot of unnecessary angst to justify the depth of one's character now. Everything about the story went repetitive too, the bickering of childhood friends, the shouting and the push and pull romance between the leads became way too annoying. It was a letdown for me, tbh. I know you're gonna be mad more about to what I'm gonna say now, but I just had to let it out. I didn't feel the chemistry between the two leads at all. It felt really hard to believe they're a couple on-screen. I feel like I was watching just two childhood friends growing up all throughout. Hmmmm...

I promise, I did my best to really hook myself in it. I've tried, I even watched from the start to finish, but I just couldn't find myself loving it like the rest of the kdrama viewers. Hmmmm... there's really something about how it's written and directed for real. People say they have great chemistry behind the scenes, then why can't the director bring that on screen? That should have been the goal because not everybody could watch the behind the scenes. 

Do you know what really pushed me to finish this drama even though I really don't like it anymore? It's the side character's story. The second lead romance as well as the grown ups were my saving grace for this drama. The friendship between the Lavender and the husbands as well as the character story/development of Dan Ho and Mo Eum. Those are the ones that made me stay till the very end... but Seok Ryu and Seung Hyo... I felt Seok Ryu was too much and Seung Hyo had no character development because he's developed/mature since day 1. He's entirely the one holding everything together for him and Seok Ryu. 


P.S. This is just my own take of the drama. If I didn't like it, it can or cannot be the same with you. We can have different views and preferences so, I respect that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Kang Hoon Found It Hard to Accept Shin Hye Sun's Revelation About His Love in "Dear Hyeri" Episode 7

I just couldn't help but be in awe how beautiful this drama really is, for me. I so love the story telling, the depth of the characters ...