Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Hidden Love | Recommended Chinese Drama | Addicting Teen Love

There's a lot of popular on-going K-dramas right now and mostly are rom-coms. I won't deny that rom-coms are very entertaining and all but it seems like I am not a huge fan of it at all. Somehow, I really am looking for depth in the story/plot which is something that most (not all) rom-coms couldn't provide to me in a long run. You know me, I want to react over something that I'm watching, I want to always talk about my insights and share it with everyone. For romcoms, it seems like my interest isn't for the long run. Like right now, I enjoy King the Land and Heartbeat but it's like a passing time, just a feel good drama for me. Nothing to react about at all. lol So if you observed, I already dropped the two from reacting to it. Same thing happened to me when I watched Crash Course In Romance. I tried sticking to it till the end but I find it a bit dragging and difficult to do so. 

Since I'm not fully invested right now to any on-going Korean drama, I found a substitute! Gosh, I did not expect that I would really like this. It's not a Korean drama but a Chinese drama and it's called Hidden Love starring Zhao Lu Si and Chen Zhe Yuan. I thought that I wouldn't like any Chinese drama because I find their audio dubbing a bit distracting. I've tried watching a drama before but that's just my experience. But this one, Hidden Love, my goodness I think I fell in love with it and that I don't mind this problem at all. The lead actors really has a huge chemistry especially when Sang Zhi (Zhao Lu Si) became an adult. 

There's really nothing extravagant about this drama, Hidden Love, you can predict what's gonna happen next really. But there's just something about the actors that would make you want to watch it till the end. Zhao Lu Si, I honestly thought that she's irritating as fck when she was younger but as the plot shows her progress in becoming an adult it made me really love and in tuned with her feelings. I guess all girls growing up and having this unrequited love would act the same as her. Her first love, her first heartbreak, her whole journey made me love her character so much. I thought that I wouldn't get affected at all with her but damn! When she's crying I found myself crying too! Waaaah! It's like Sang Zhi (Zhao Lu Si)'s pain is also my pain! We suddenly became one, while I was watching her. lol 

Setting aside Sang Zhi character for now, the male lead actor was even a sight to see! Not the most attractive man out there but, goodness gracious I'm so in love with him. His character, Duan Jiaxu,  is the typical handsome man, all smiley like everything's all find but is actually suffering from family struggles. Typical for any dramas out there but her charms and charisma would really make you wanna watch him till the end. Till he and Sang Zhi become a couple! AHHHHH!

There are a lot of side characters that would make you love as well! Sang Zhi's family, especially her brother Sang Yan (Victor Ma), I really love him! His tough love towards his sister Sang Zhi will always be funny but I always find my self teary eyed whenever he's taking care and looking out for Sang Zhi. I love him, really. Aside from him, Sang Zhi's friends are worth watching as well. Damn, almost every character in here are so interesting, there's no waste! But I hate Jiaxu's father's creditor though. lol His a btch!

Aside from the interesting and loveable characters, the plot itself is something that I find so attractive. This is like 25-21 when it comes to age differences. But here, the male lead is actually 5 years older than the female lead and that's what their love so complicated especially when they meet each other as older brother's best friend slash tutor and a high school student. This trope isn't really new but the story telling of this drama would really make you hooked. In fact, I already love it. 

Comments