Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Hello, My Twenties (Season 1) | Highly Recommended Kdrama


I watched yet another good drama via Netflix and I am confident enough to add this to my Highly Recommended Kdrama. It's called Hello, My Twenties and was actually released year 2017. I know I'm already late but if really is a good Kdrama then this should be timeless and can be watched anytime we wanted. I seriously loved this drama. I actually finished watching this while I was working in our office. lol My week last week wasn't that busy nor my works were in a rush so I was able to divide my attention into two. kk 

Anyways, I just love the dynamics between the 5 main characters. So much that I am so envious of them. Is it really possible to have such real good friends in real life or this only happens in dramas?! My life is so sad. haha! But seriously, Yoon Jin Myung (Han Ye Ri), Jung Ye Eun (Han Seung Yeon), Song Ji Won (Park Eun Bin), Kang Yi Na (Ryu Hwa Young), Yoo Eun Jae (Park Hye Soo) really made my heart melt. They established a deep connection each of them which was very heartwarming considering that they're all just roommates at the beginning. 


The drama started with Yoo Eun Jae coming to the ladies dorm. She was from the countryside so the fast life in the city and the rough behavior of people became a major shock to her. She bottled up all of her complaints about her housemates deep inside her because she couldn't voice it all out for fearing that her housemates would hate her and would cause a huge complications. Eun Jae felt like she has no home to turn back to so she had no choice but to continue on living with these strangers even if she doesn't want to. Eventually, all her negative thoughts caught up to her and snapped out to her housemates one day. And because of this sudden burst out of emotions, she discovered that her housemates were really good people too. It's just that they all are different kind of person in one household, meaning, it's given that they all have different attitude and behavior. Kang Yi Na explained to her that she needed to tell what's inside her mind because other people cannot read her thoughts at all. In the end, the key is always communication for a better understanding of one another.


This happening at the beginning of the drama really struck me so hard because I could fully relate to her character. I also experienced sharing a room (take note, only a room not a whole house) with several  people, it was an involuntary decision, I seriously had no choice because my new work at that time has this 'stay-in' policy due to Covid-19. My first day with these rude and strange people made me want to just go home quick. But since it's pandemic and desperate for money (lol), I suck it all up and live with it. It was a struggle for me really, because just like Eun Jae, I have this bad habit of thinking of what other people think of me. So it was really hard to voice out the things that I don't want about the attitude and behavior of my roommates. Thankfully, this period in my life is already done, hopefully Covid or another pandemic won't ever come again, because I don't think I'll be able to be back in that kind of set-up everyday. Yes, I managed to survive that more than a year experience with my roommates. Up until now I'm so proud of myself for being able to put up with those crazy shitty people. Nope, they are nowhere near Eun Jae's housemates... my roommates back then were just plain rude! Ugh. I still hate them till now, but guess what? One by one they are all resigning and here I am still on my spot working. Karma is a Btch! 


Anyways, Eun Jae's story really made me tuned in to the drama but I was totally hooked into it when I found out about the other characters. The story of the other characters really made me feel alive again. After some time, I was happy, sad, angry because of all of them. I love them so much and I am pretty sure that their story would melt your heart as well!

This is definitely a highly recommended drama for me. Better check it all out y'all, I promise you won't regret it!

Comments