Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Nam Joo Hyuk Encourages Kim Tae Ri To Continue Protecting Her Dreams In Twenty Five, Twenty One Episode 1


It's been a while since I've hooked myself to some Korean drama series since Jirisan so I'm glad to tell everyone that I finally found a new interesting one again to watch and react to every week, it's none other than Twenty-Five Twenty-One starring Nam Joo Hyuk and Kim Tae Ri.

I watched first the pilot episode before reading the synopsis of the drama from asianwiki, so unconsciously wanting the story to incline more to two friends finding each other in the midst of their own difficulties and thrive rather than them developing romantic feelings as the story develops. I think it's rare to see such story but I guess people aren't attracted to such dramas if it won't involve romance between the leads and writers, production in totality, wouldn't want their work to flop at all. But wouldn't it be fulfilling to create such without making their viewers bored, by using their creativity efficiently to add to their project.

Also, I think I react this way because the first episode told me their age gap. Na Hee Do (Kim Tae Ri) is a high school student while Baek Yi Jin (Nam Joo Hyuk) is already 22 years old. I won't be lying that I'm not affected with it with them developing romance. So my brain instantly reacted that I wanted them more to be close friends or having the sibling-like support/affection to each other in achieving their respective dreams. Yup, we're already at the 21st century and I still think that way... in Korean drama only though. 


But it's not like I'm gonna drop this drama because of that. I'm here to stay and find out how it'll progress and end. I did say in thr beginning that I find it 'interesting', right? In the first place, I'm hooked not because of the romance but the the storyline. If you actually follow my blog reactions to 'some' of the kdramas I've watched, I really like it when it involves something about one being achieving his ot her dreams. How they face and thrive above the obstacles along the way. Oh I love those kinds of inspirational dramas. It really tugs my heartsrings. 



In here, Na Hee Do (Kim Tae-Ri) desperately wanted to protect and pursue fencing despite the abolition of their club due to their country's financial crisis and her mother's contradiction towards her dream. Those attempts that she did in order to be transferred to another school where her 'idol' is present were totally hilarious! I was laughing so hard because of it. But behind Na Hee Do's playfulness and wrecklessness hide a very lonely girl that also seeks love and support from her mother. And this fact surfaced when her mother scolded and even 'insulted' her for not being able to level up at fencing for a long time (a reason why she should just 'quit' fencing) and tore the comic book that she relied on during her down times. When Hee Do told her mother that it was the comic book that accompanies her during her sad moments, that really btoke me to tears for her. Huhu... Now I really wonder what happened to their family. 


Meanwhile, Baek Yi Jin (Nam Joo Hyuk) is a son of a bankrupted bank owner affected also by their country's financial crisis. From riches to poor, Yi Jin restarted his life from nothing. And by meeting Hee Do, that's when he wanted to try gaining rather than looking back and stay depressed about his past wealthy lifestyle. 


Other than the motivational foundation in this story-line, I think they added some quirkiness into it. Or maybe I'm wrong with my speculations but, I think there's something between Hee Do's mother and new coach. Hmmmm something fishyyyy and also those Go Yoo Rim (Bona) and Na Hee Do moments. Lol If Nam Joo Hyuk ain't present I'll assume that they're the romance line here. Lols


Also what made this whole story interesting is that, the daughter of Na Hee Do is the one looking back about her past. In th beginning of episode 1, Hee Do's daughter is shown to be having 'no dream', opposite of how Hee Do was before. The irony is that, it was with Hee Do's mother that this child confessed this fact. 


Hmmmm already intrigued? I dare you all to watch it and see for yourself. 

---------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments