Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Lee Hyun Wook Flaunts Diverse Acting + Why You Should Watch MINE Kdrama

I just finished Mine kdrama over the weekend and I'm glad I took the time to watch and witness Lee Hyun Wook's visuals and improved acting. I've discovered Lee Hyun Wook through his soldier character in 'Search' starring Jang Dong Yoon and Jung Soo Jung aka Krystal. (Read more: Lee Hyun Wook | Quick Guide To The Cast Of Kdrama 'Search') I've known him there as a soft kind hearted person and has sense of dignity as a soldier. In Mine, however, Lee Hyun Wook portrays a brutal and greedy character named Han Ji Yong. At first he displays a very gentle appearance with his soft loving gazes to his wife but behind all that lies a different person. I really thought that he's the prince charming that all women would die for but that crumbled down after next few episodes. Lee Hyun Wook's portrayal to this character was really splendid and proved that he's capable to act diverse roles. I came to really adore him even more because of this and I hope he'll get more amazing projects in the future.

At first, I was hesitant to watch Mine because it has the same concept about rich family's extravagant yet complicated life. It was similar to my current favorite, which is The Penthouse. That drama really brought me so much frustrations so I expected that Mine would be the same and so I ignored it for a while and waited for it to end before I watch it. It's only this weekend I managed to check on it and I did not regret my decision. I would say though that watching a finished drama brings a depleted amount of thrill and excitement versus watching it during it's airing period. But it's better like this than to add more on my frustrations I had for The Penthouse. lol 

Mine is not simply discussing about the complicated life of the Chaebol family but also flaunts concerns on mental health and how one could overcome it. I really had connection with Han Jin Hee (Kim Hye Hwa) with how she has anger management issues and how it's destroying her life. I personally think I have the same issue (not as grave as her) when it comes to work but I was glad her character slowly, not entirely, recuperating from that as the story develops. It's not gonna fade away quick just because she does therapy and bible study, it really takes time. I'm giving explanation over here for that behavior. lol 

Other interesting flavor added to the storyline is one of the main character is a lesbian. The drama showed how Seohyun's (Kim Seo Hyung) gender identity did not lessen her competence at everything. She's the backbone of the family while Hi Soo (Lee Bo Young) is the heart. Throughout the show, it entails the complications of being a closeted lesbian growing in an aristocratic world but eventually overcame it in due time. It's evident how she managed to become fearless with who she really was because of her husband Han Jin Ho (Park Hyuk Kwon) and Hi Soo. A lot of unexpected character development happened in this drama and one of them was Han Jin Ho. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this drama and I would recommend it for everyone to see as well. At the end of the day, we all need love because the lack of it brings out loneliness that drives people to do the unthinkable. I think that's what Mine wanted to remind us with how Ji Yong's fate was drawn. But one other thing that marked to me was what the old man (the father) told Ji Yong about how one receives love if one knows how to give it. That's really powerful! Go watch it!


---------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments