Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Lee Ji Eun/ IU's 'My Mister' Showcased the Sorrows of an Adult Life | Recommended Kdrama

I honestly didn't want to watch this drama even though my favorite idol actress starred here, and even when my male officemate who's an IU fanboy repeatedly pushes me to watch this. Why? I just know how much of a heavy and heart wrenching drama this is by seeing the official posters of it, which I wasn't ready for. But for whatever reason yesterday, I pull an all-nighter just to finish this drama. Guess what? I wasn't wrong with my first impression of it, I was totally blown away by its life lessons and tear jerking moments. I've never cried so much like that in a while, even in reality. If you're having a tough time and want an outlet where you can release all your emotions at once then this is the recommended drama for you. 

The life lessons embarked in this story were overflowing, every words each characters said were all piercing straight to the heart. And speaking of characters, you'll experience a roller coaster ride of loving and hating the characters, Ji Ahn (IU), Dong Hoon (Lee Sun Kyun), Kwang-Il (Jang Ki Yeong), Kang Yoon Hee (Lee Ji Ah) Dong Hoon's family, friends and colleagues. Every actors that portray their role in this drama were all really impressive with their acting. But the characters that I got deeply invested with were the first four names I've mentioned. Here's why:

Ji Ahn (IU/ Lee Ji Eun)

Her life is so pitiful that I just wanted to grab her from the screen and give her a hug the entire series. Ji Ahn is left with a huge debt that made her whole life miserable, she murdered a person in defense of a family member but it continued to drag down her credibility and self-worth, she's alone in the responsibility of taking care her disabled grandmother, if that ain't screaming tragedy then I don't know what it is. 

But despite it all, what made this character so special is that, no matter how lifeless she's been living, she continued to hold on and strive for the remaining life of her grandma. If it weren't for her grandma, I feel like she's long gone considering all the pain this life had put her through. 

She was living in a straight sorrowful path but it took a sudden turn when she crossed path with the 'Mister' Park Dong Hoon. They were fated to meet in order to lift each other up from the burning flames of hell that the life encompasses them with.

 


Park Dong Hoon (Lee Sun Kyun)

This man is so righteous, I don't even know if there's someone like him that exists or will ever exist in reality. I've loved and hated him for being so kind and forgiving to everyone and I bet that's how his wife felt the same. The feeling of being used as a sponge to absorb everything that people say is just a sorrowful experience and yet even if he has his own problems to carry, he continued wiping everything for them. It's so awful to watch him like that. 

I thought, there's gotta be a limit to his kindness that I waited for him to actually step up and take revenge and return all the pain that everyone inflicted on him, but there was no such episode at all! I really loathe him for being such a weakling but I realized I can never call a man weak when he's continue living a life the way he believed in. The entire show kind of told me to just suck it up because that's just what kind of character he is, and move on. I’d say that this man is worthy of all holy/divine titles, really. He's just too good to be true.

The part where he broke down crying alone at the last episode summarizes his pain. Without everyone around looking and depending on him that very moment, he finally had his turn to break down. It’s so heartbreaking to watch. At times like this, you just kind of wish that Ji Ah was there listening.


The relationship between these two was just beautiful. You're gonna wish that there's someone like that in your own life, someone who will go the depths of hell just to save you. It's really amazing and moving. I am already satisfied with what they have instead of escalating into lovers/couples. The show already highlighted how unrepairable the damage your other half could give, despite moving forward, scars will forever be there. Ji Ahn and Dong Hoon's relationship is way beyond what lovers could comprehend in each other that whatever they do right or wrong, they know that its for the vital good of the other. Their sacrifices will always be proof of how beautiful their relationship is. Ji Ahn and Dong Hoon are just 2 souls connected to comfort and complete each other in the midst of difficulty of life. I am just so relieved that they both found help in each other when they were in the verge of losing to live.

Kwang-Il (Jang Ki Yeong)

My heart ached as painfully as I had with those 2 leads. Kwang-Il was fighting a battle of conscience, love and hate. The reason why Ji Ahn was also working hard was to repay not just the debt but to repair also the shattered heart of this man. Despite beating Ji Ahn, their shared memory of kindness and vulnerability was still there in his heart. And it all became visible again when he found out about Ji Ahn falling in love with a man, and when Ji Ahn was already held captive by the police. He was a villain that was created by the cruelty of life, but he has a pure heart from the very start. Him saving Ji Ahn at the end was really bittersweet that's why this character will have a space in my heart.



Kang Yoon Hee (Lee Ji Ah)

The wife of Dong Hoon which is the start of the mess in this drama. I really hated her character, the greed and lust were there. Her infidelity was the most hurtful thing that had happened to Dong Hoon, even Ji Ahn was a witness how he had suffered because of that. So despite Yoon Hee regretting her infidelity, I just can't forgive her quickly. There's just something about her that's not convincing at all. I feel like even if Dong Hoon ever decided to divorce her, she'll just end up moving on like that. My hatred for this woman is beyond getting fixed. I know that the story highlighted her sufferings after getting caught but I just feel like it wasn't enough! And I don't think her suffering will ever be enough, tbh.

But Dong Hoon is different from me. lol He's willing to forget everything and treat it is as 'not a big deal' in order to move on and salvage his family. Sigh. In the end, Dong Hoon realized his shortcomings to her as a husband, but still ain't enough to be treated like that. 


I have so many life lessons that I've learned in this drama and I'm just so happy that I was able to watch this. I'll probably tackle about those life lessons in another post, I'll see what I can do when I'm still under the influence of this drama. lol I love it so much even the OST was superb!

If you'll ask, yes, I am actually satisfied with the ending. Ji Ahn and Dong Hoon are moving on separately but the bond that was built from their hardships and sacrifices for each other will always be their connection and their foundation in enduring living life in general. 


The smile on their faces were enough to compensate on all of the heart wrenching scenes I've seen throughout the story. It's more than enough to me to see they are both doing well.


This drama is really impressive. Highly recommended drama! Just prepare your tissues to wipe your tears from the start till end.



----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments