Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

The Penthouse: War In Life | Recommended Kdrama

If you are into mystery, thriller and mature genres of k-drama then I would really recommend The Penthouse: War In Life. It is on-going hit series as of writing but 15 episodes were already out. It's expected to end with 21 episodes up till the first week of January 2021. The drama so far is flying with it's viewership rating starting from its pilot episode of 6.7% to latest episode 15 of 23%. Due to its success, even if it's still airing, the production team already announced officially that it will have 2nd and 3rd season. 

The Penthouse: War In Life's plot and characters were really outstanding and unpredictable, reason why I'm no longer surprised how it attracted a lot of viewers. Seriously, I was always over the edge of my seat as I watched every episodes, I just couldn't foresee what's coming next. The suspense and mystery got me hooked up and I'm ended up seeking for more episodes! I didn't know how much I love and needed to watch this kind of genre until I watched this drama, really incredible for me.

One thing that made me liked this drama is I just can't trust any of its characters. Everyone is madly insane!!! They created villains of their own selves and continue to be at each other's neck to achieve their desires for more power and luxury. I'm just blown away how twisted the characters were, especially Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), Cheon Seo Jin (Kim Seo Yeon) and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) in the entire series. No, not just them but their respective husbands and children too! They were all pretty much on the same level of madness! I've felt so many emotions watching this, anger, sadness, pity, madness, joy, suspense, fear and more! 

The three actresses I've mentioned above were all impressive with their acting. They were all convincing that I'm always carried away by my emotions watching them. 



Among all three though, my favorite is Lee Ji Ah's character which is Shim Soo Ryeon. She's really the epitome of elegance, beauty and love and even when she's avenging the death of her daughter, she still acted all that. She's just beautiful in and out, but there's something about her that I couldn't completely trust even though that she's the most likeable elite in the drama. Upon seeing how crazy everyone was, I feel like I'll be betrayed by liking her in the end. But even so, I still am under her spell and I'm rooting for her to gain justice for the pitiful death of her daughter which was inflicted by the wicked people around her. 



Meanwhile, among the 3 female leads, the character I hated the most is Cheon Seo Jin (Kim Seo Yeon). She's very consistent being a villain from the start till the very end, engulfed by her jealousy and insecurities, she's driven to outdo everyone else. She's gone real psychotic too in episode 15. I feel really bad for her daughter who has developed impostor syndrome, his husband who's struggling from inferiority complex and his father who fell and died, all because of her. Sometimes I just really want to grab her eyes whenever she's angry and slap her face multiple times. lol The actress really did an excellent job portraying this character, really convincing.



Lastly, the most pitiful character among the 3, Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene). She's the unfortunate one which is  why she's more like a pushover by the elites. I do like how she got acquainted and close with Soo Ryeon but we all know that she's being manipulated for vengeance towards Seo Jin. Her greed to experience luxury and money was all for her daughter, and because of that she's willing to do everything and whatever else Soo Ryeon would tell her. Yoon Hee and Soo Ryeon were just two mothers willing to do everything ,even the evilest, just for their daughters. 

I really am curious what will be Yoon Hee's ending in this drama, I have a feeling that in the end she will be the one who'll feel conscience among all three and will set everything right in the end. This is just a hunch though because she's originally the nice and normal person here from the start.


As for the other characters here, especially the nasty men, I wouldn't want to talk about or else I'll explode in anger. They are the lowliest form of creature in this planet, just pure monsters esp. Shim Soo Ryeon's husband. Ugh.


Anyways, the series is still on going so I will very much make a review of every new released episodes. I really am glad that I was able to discover this, and I think that's all because of Lee Ji Ah. I'm really hooked with her because of her character in My Mister. lol I feel like she's a wonderful actress so I've searched her out and this on going series of her was the one that came in first for me to watch. She did remarkable dramas before too, so maybe I'll watch some of those too in the future. 


----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments