August 26, 2026

Why “Spooky in Love” Became One of My Favorite K-Dramas This Year Despite Its Flaws

One of the K-dramas I genuinely enjoyed this year is “Spooky in Love.” 

I know some viewers may consider it flawed, especially because of the sudden breakup in Episode 10 and the predictable “white truck” accident that put Park Eun Bin’s character through another dramatic ordeal. I agree that these are pretty common K-drama tropes, but honestly, I didn’t mind them that much. The drama gave me far more fun and happiness than reasons to dwell on its flaws.

A huge part of that was Park Eun Bin and Yang Se Jong’s chemistry. I absolutely loved watching them together. Their heart-fluttering moments genuinely became something I looked forward to every week and somehow made my whole week more bearable. I even found myself listening to the drama’s OST while working because it instantly put me in a good mood. Speaking of which, I applaud everyone responsible for choosing the OST for this drama. The songs effevtively brought out even more emotion in every scene! It also became the perfect playlist for me while working. Crazy, I know, but that’s how much this drama made me happy. 

When I first learned that Cheon Yeo Ri could see ghosts and would help them find peace before crossing over, while also being a chaebol heiress running a hotel business, I immediately thought of “Hotel Del Luna” and “Phantom Lawyer.” It felt like a combination of those concepts at first, but the drama eventually developed its own identity.

Would I still recommend it despite the criticism about its writing? Absolutely. Some viewers felt the drama started strongly but became weaker toward the end, and I can understand why. But personally, I enjoyed the overall experience so much that its flaws never outweighed the fun I had watching it. The chemistry between the leads definitely helped me overlook some of those shortcomings.

Park Eun Bin and Yang Se Jong did an amazing job, and Ong Seong Wu was also impressive as the villain. The entire cast brought their characters to life, so they all deserve credit for making the drama enjoyable.

And the fact that Spooky in Love ended with its highest rating of its entire run says something about how much viewers were still invested in it. 

So, if you’ve been avoiding the drama because you’ve seen people criticizing it, I’d say give it a chance and decide for yourself. Not every drama has to be perfect to be enjoyable, and Spooky in Love was definitely one of those dramas that brought me a lot of happiness.

I’m seriously going to miss this one, just like I missed “Hotel Del Luna” and “My Royal Nemesis” after they ended. 


Well done, “Spooky in Love.” You were such a fun ride. 

Read also: “Spooky In Love” Unveils Main Poster as Park Eun-bin and Yang Se-jong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Why “Spooky in Love” Became One of My Favorite K-Dramas This Year Despite Its Flaws

One of the K-dramas I genuinely enjoyed this year is “Spooky in Love.”   I know some viewers may consider it flawed, especially because of t...