Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Mr. Queen Spin-Off: The Bamboo Forest

I'm a bit late seeing this spin-off of Mr. Queen, but I'm glad I was able to watch it last night. Totally worth my time 'coz I've been missing them already. I know it hasn't been a week yet that they bid farewell on-air but just knowing that we won't be able to have new episodes this week just made everything a struggle for me. I guess I just need to watch more new kdramas to fill in this emptiness. lol 

The Forest Bamboo has 2 episodes with a 30 minute timeframe each. Those two are equivalent to one episode of the main show Mr. Queen. Well, what is The Forest Bamboo about anyway and is it even worth watching? If you are a real fan of Mr. Queen and you really miss them already then you should. That's what drove me to watch this, really. 

The Forest Bamboo basically is like a fan service, a thankful reward for those viewers who anticipated and supported Mr. Queen. It consists of segments which answer the wonders or what ifs of the viewers.

 Here, let me discuss a few of my favorites from this spin-off:

Lots of people and probably including you wonder too, if Cheoljong only liked Soyong all because of Jang Bong Hwan's soul, right? Here, they gave a glimpse of how Cheoljong and Soyong were before. They went all the way from how they first met which was during the selection of a new Queen. 

Here, we could see that both of them already felt a spark with each other to a point that they can't stop thinking about each other. I could say that they already fell for each other since day 1 but because of the 'clash of clans' thingy, Cheoljong became that King we all have seen in the main story of Mr. Queen. 

Ain't this a lovely scene thought? How they first met, it was totally fairytale-like kind of scene.


They also show a very funny segment wherein Byeon In and Prince Yeong Pyeong were having denials that they resemble each other, be it height, looks, strength and even the way they dress. LOL This is basically because the fans pointed out how they have such similarities. Now that I look closer into it, I could see where they are coming from. 

It's a great light segment to help us heal from the pain that Byeong In's fate gave us from the main show, Mr. Queen. Now I can say, I can finally move on from that heartbreaking scene. Gosh, how many days have I been imagining that dying position he was in...waah torture!


What made me really laugh out loud, like the loudest, was Hong Yeon's complicated love life. Haha! We weren't really able to see much exposure of that from the main show so them giving us a little more glimpse of it was really satisfying. 

The scene that made me laugh so much was when the two men, Hong Byul Gam and Kim Hwan having a hard time lifting weights but Hong Yeon came in later and lifted the weights like a pillow. That was so funny for me, I'm sorry. LOL 

And at the last part, it wasn't as impactful to me as what the others have felt but I really do appreciate the wishes of  Cheoljong, Hong Yeon and Lady Choi. The fact that the three wanted to meet Soyong again in another lifetime was already enough for me to get touched. We've seen how Cheoljong, Hong Yeon and Lady Choi really loved Soyong differently in their own ways throughout the main show so learning about their wishes was so heartwarming for me. 


Overall, I am so glad that I watched Mr. Queen and the spin-off. I really had fun with it and I'm sure I'm going to have that time wherein I'll re-watch this kdrama. It's really stress relieving for me, so hilarious and romantic at the same time! Thank you, Mr. Queen for that. 


----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments