Featured Post

Byeon Woo Seok Finally Realizes Kim Hye Yoon's True Feelings for Him in Lovely Runner Episode 10

This drama is piercing straight to my heart since it started its flight for the 2nd half. Gosh, I really love it when there is an angst involved in the story. lol I feel like the real deal is finally happening to the show. kkk Anyways, episode 10, Sun Jae found out the real feelings of Sol for him all thanks to Tae Sung. I can't express how happy I am for this great news! I mean, finally no more going around in circles. Tbh, when Sun Jae asked about Sol coming from the future, I had expected that Sol would make up excuses again, but she didn't. She told him the truth but just didn't tell the whole story and the real reason why she was there in that time zone because she wasn't capable of it since the deity won't allow her. Thankfully, Sun Jae is a smart guy being able to pick up clues now after he heard that one drunken night where Sol sang Sun Jae's unreleased song. The breaking news in year 2023 about Sun Jae's unfortunate incident was also changed into Ec

Misaeng: Incomplete Life | One of The Best Slice of Life Kdramas | HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

It's been a while since I got myself in tuned with a slice of life Kdrama. Ah, this genre really is my go to whenever I feel down and needed some motivation. Self help books and motivational videos aren't enough lately, so I had to find a drama where I could see how life happens to each character. I know that everything is fictional in a Kdrama but if it's a well written, well directed and has wonderful actors, it will definitely pierce through my heart and will successfully make me feel it's all reality. I really like those painfully realistic set-up of a Kdrama because it makes me so connected to each characters and so whenever they are facing hardships, I also feel sadness and whenever they happiness I also feel the same. When they face hardships, whether they overcome it or not, I will feel the exact feelings the characters are feeling. I think it's really nice to feel sorts of emotions and take it out from time to time. It makes me feel human at the same time feels like I'm not the only one going through something. You know what I mean? However, it really isn't easy to find a good slice of life Kdrama so whenever I find one, I make sure to write in here what I felt about it and share it to everyone else. 

So lately, I've stumbled upon a Kdrama series on netflix called Misaeng: Incomplete Life. It's a drama that was aired year 2014 and it stars amazing actors such as Im Siwan, Kang So Ra, Kang Ha Neul, Byun Yo Han, Lee Sung Min, Kim Dae Myung, Park Hae Joon and a lot more. Basically, the drama sets in an office environment where it shows the difficulties, joys, betrayals and companionships of salarymen/women. 

Jang Gu Rae (Im Si Wan) is a person that built his career to become a Baduk player for years but failed to become professional. He had to let go of this due to his poor situation and took a job in a trading company where he has no experience at all. He is still a young man but at his age of 26, without experience at work, it was already considered as 'late' to start a career in the society we live in. Which is why he faced a lot of criticisms especially when he got an internship only through referral despite underqualified. He took all the blows of criticisms and several hardships from his fellow interns as well as other regular employees including his team's. But, due to his hard work, patience and perseverance to learn and continue on living, he managed to win the hearts of everyone who hated him at first as well as his boss, Oh Sang Sik (Lee Sung Min) his greatest mentor. His principles in baduk game helped him a lot though, throughout his journey as an intern and temporary worker.


Oh Sang Sik (Lee Sung Min) really is an example of those team leaders with a strong front but is actually soft hearted. He is an excellent man as he has genuine concern over his people and has a strong integrity towards his work but to those competitive freaks and bosses who only wants to see numbers in their sales, he is considered as weak employee. Reason why he couldn't get any promotions. My heart aches for him every time other managers or with higher positions and clients belittle him. But my heart rejoices whenever he wins all of them. However, not all battles are worthy to fight in. There are some cases wherein a person had to let go or accept defeat in order to save his people. In the case of Sang Sik, after going through and enduring so much because of his work, he resigned to save what's left for his team but in the end the good news is that he managed to build his own company with his people following him. Ain't it heartwarming to see loyalty from the people you have shared moments with? Be it with happy nor sad moments, they all chose to stick with you because they believe in you, they trust you and care for you. 

The other interns/beginners aside from Jang Gu Rae really showcased different situations at work. An Young Yi (Kang So Ra) is a talented woman that faced gender equality issues due to the fact that the workforce she's in was mainly male people. These male employees in her team belittle her despite her splendid abilities just because she's a woman. They all hated her at first as they have inferiority complex but Young Yi endured everything and rise above her problems. In the end she also gained the hearts of her team. She's really amazing, I'd say that! An inspiration for every women out there. 

We also have Jang Baek Ki (Kang Ha Neul). He's a person that takes pride over his education and qualifications and so he hates the fact that underqualified Jang Gu Rae excels and outshines him at work. Everyone praises Gu Rae while no one did for him. He's one of those newbie employees that is arrogant and has a know-it-all personality, which clashes with his superior. But in the end his superior grounded him and taught him how to take criticisms. 

And last among the interns, Han Seok Yul (Byun Yo Han). He's the kind of employee that is outspoken and stubborn. He does not compromise at all. He'll fight anyone that takes advantage of him including his own superior at work. I think it's really a great quality to possess as a person but only when in the right circumstances. In the case of Seok Yul, he used to fight back in a wrong way. He badmouths his superior in a public forum/bulletin in order to inflict pain and embarrassment, but in the end it all back fired to him. He learned it the hard way, that his ways is wrong and became evident when he discovered about his superior's love affair and did not spoil it out. Naturally, the truth came out but thankfully it wasn't from Seok Yul.

What's interesting with the story is that, these interns, regular employees and managers were all moved by an underqualified employee Jang Gu Rae. They were all captivated by him and showed respect towards him in the end. It's so beautiful to watch how a newbie and temporary worker like him motivates them and renews their perspectives at work. All of the interns I've mentioned and his teammates, they all grew just by watching Gu Rae endure everything and continued to persevere. Even I was moved by him. Clearly, a person who does not give up surely will win in life. 

Overall, I really love this drama as it resonates a lot with me as a person who works in a company/office. A lot of different competitive people surrounds you, they either love nor hate you depending on the circumstances. But at the end of the day, they are the ones you see everyday, they are the ones you interact the most with therefore, you just need to deal with them and not take everything personally. Patience and endurance is the key. Like what Jang Gu Rae said, it's up to you whether you succeed over trials or not. This drama really reminded me a lot of lessons in work/life. Ahhh it's one of my favorite slice of life drama and I recommend it to everyone who likes this genre!

May I just point out also the Misaeng's director was also the same director of My Mister? Dang! Anyone who worked in My Mister really has exceptional output/work/drama created. My Mister's writer was also the same with My Liberation Notes! I'm totally amazed. Now I have to search more works from them. kkk 

Comments