Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Lee Min Ki | A Quick Guide To The Cast Of My Liberation Notes


It wasn't really My Liberation Notes that first introduced this actor to me. It was actually when I've known Lee Min Ho during his skyrocketing career that I also managed to discover Lee Min Ki. Well, their names really are similar, right? So during Lee Min Ho's Boys Over Flowers (2009), Lee Min Ki's profile also popped out whenever I did research about Lee Min Ho. Internet back then was introducing this actor to me, I just didn't paid too much attention to him. Ain't it funny? I'm holding annoyance over Lee Min Ki over the years because of this reason too.

It was only until The Beauty Inside (2018) that I've finally gave attention to him... kind of. Lee Min Ki became the male lead in a drama where my Red Velvet bias Wendy got to sing an OST called Goodbye. Daang.. that song is one of my favorite OSTs of all time. So yeah, I watched the drama but sadly, I liked the side character's love story more than the leads. I'm sorry Lee Min Ki. 

But here I am! The time that I didn't foresee coming... it has happened! I have watched Lee Min Ki's full drama My Liberation Notes and now doing a write up about him because I got curious with his excellent acting as Yeom Chang Hee in that drama. I am solely doing research about him and not Lee Min Ho this time. Haha! 

Enough with the back story, let's get to know more about actor Lee Min Ki.

Personal Life and Career
  • Lee Min Ki was born January 16, 1985.
  • He was a model first before turning into an actor. Year 2003, Lee Min Ki started his modeling career for SK Telecom's advertisement.
  • He then debuted as an actor in the television drama called Taereung National Village (2005).

  • He appeared in numerous music videos such as Hit'm (2005) by Nina, Only One for Me (2005) by Soul Star, After... The Break-up (2007) by The Name feat. Choi Jin Yi, My Girl (2008) by The One, The Day Before (2012) by Nell and Im Sorry (2013) by Han So Hyeon.
  • His first leading role in a melodrama is Love Truly which literal title is I Really Really Like You (2006) alongside S.E.S's center and The Penthouse actress Eugene.
  • Lee Min Ki starred in several blockbuster movies namely Tidal Wave (2009), Quick (2011),  Spellbound (2011) and Very Ordinary Couple (2013).
  • Lee Min Ki took the lead role in thriller film called Monster (2014) with Yumi Cells actress Kim Go Eun, Shoot Me in the Heart (2015) alongside child star and Hotel del Luna actor Yeo Jin Goo. 
  • After 10 years from Dal Ja's Spring (2007), Lee Min Ki returned as a leading man in television drama called Because This Is My First Life (2017) opposite of Jung So Min.

  • Then, it was followed by The Beauty Inside (2018), Lies Within (2019), Oh! Master (2021) and finally... My Liberation Notes (2022)
  • In Lee Min Ki's entire acting career, he was numerous times recognized in several acting awards ceremonies. He was nominated for more than 10 times in different acting categories but was only able to win a few such as Best New Actor (TV) in 2005 MBC Drama Awards, New Movie Icon in 2009 2nd Style Icon Awards and Best New Actor (Film) in 2010 46th Baeksang Arts Awards for Tidal Wave. 
  • Also, this actually surprised me but, Lee Min Ki is actually active in the music scene during his earlier career. Ain't he multi-talented? He released singles for Power of Love (2008), We Can't Forget the Reason (2008), No Kidding (2009), Those Days I Had with You (2013), Everything (2013).
  • Lee Min Ki also participated in OSTs such as Like a Candy (2006) for Love Truly, Before Sadness Comes (2006) for Rainbow Romance. Frozen Mountain, Neanderthal Man II, Disappears Like That and A Match For You all in 2009 for Oishii Man. Not in Love and Jaywalking in 2012 for Flower Band.
Dating History
  • I assume that Lee Min Ki is very private when it comes to his love life. There aren't really dating news published about him at all. 
  • In his 2019 interview with ELLE, he actually expressed the following statements. "I hope to love a little bit more no matter who or what it is. You become a bit warmer. I want to feel that."
  • Feels like I'm reading his character Yeom Chang Hee with that statement. I wonder if he found someone to love already.

Comments
  • After watching Lee Min Ki in My Liberation Notes, I got really impressed with him and it made me want to watch his other projects too. 
  • His character Yeom Chang Hee really made me feel various emotions such as annoyance, anger, pity, happiness and inspirational. If he ain't a good actor for doing that to a viewer then I don't know what I should call him. 
  • After finding out his interview with ELLE in 2009, I felt a bit lonely for him for some reason. It's like I'm seeing his character Yeom Chang Hee from My Liberation Notes. Well, with his full packed acting projects, there's a possibility that he wasn't able to date as much as he could. 
  • I hope he'll find that someone who he will love and loves him back as well. 

More photos of Lee Min Ki:

















---------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments

  1. I love him in My First Life. I live him as Chang Hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Min Ki is a great, great actor! One of the best, in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Min Ki is a versatile actor. After watching several shows I wanted more of Lee Min Ki and came My Liberation Notes. I was impressed and in love with his acting. He was a real actor indeed. I hope to see more of Lee Min Ki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I have written the same notes about Lee Min-Ki on my book. The only detail that we differ is the fact that I discovered Lee Min-Ki after watching Because This Is My First Life on Netflix. I couldn’t thank you enough for sharing your “Lee Min-Ki history”. Reading your blog warms my heart as it perfectly detailed my “Lee Min-Ki story” as well.
    I hope your column will be read by millions of Lee Min-Ki fans around the world and TV/movie producers in Korea. I have always prayed that he finds time to date and find a good wife; but after watching all (YES ALL hahaha :-)) of the bts of his Kdramas, Lee Min-Ki’ undeniably enjoys working behind and before the camera with his co-stars and film crew. Since his work brings so much happiness to him, I pray that he will be given more great TV and movie projects.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment