Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Mamamoo's Comeback "Wanna Be Myself"


This is my first time ever experiencing MAMAMOO's comeback! I really like this group and when I told you guys before that I'll write more about them here in the blog, I was really serious back then! 

Hwasa's solo 'Maria' was a huge hit, winning music shows several times, charting high and still remaining there even now. As of writing this, 'Maria' music video garnered 64 million views on youtube which is pretty amazing for a solo artist to achieve in about 2 and a half months. And now seeing them comeback all together as a group, I wish they could retain the hype if not exceed what 'Maria' received from the public.


Wanna Be Myself isn't that usual Kpop music that's released in the previous days or months by different artists. It didn't need to put outrageous onomatopoeia that sounds cool but is ridiculously making the lyrics absurd, it did not use massive upbeat sounds to bop your head with. Wanna Be Myself isn't that coz it's pure good music, great vocals and the lyrics is somewhat like a reminder that everyone of us is different and that we do not have to conform to people or society judging us. It's a song that boosts up our self respect by being ourselves. There are no such things as standard in the world. Just do you. Other than the lyrics that I liked from this is that the members' voices sounded really well as expected of them. It's a music that I would want to listen to on a normal calm day or when I want some motivation. 

The music video gave off the members' different charisma. And I like how they all have almost equal screen time to show their visuals. Mamamoo really is almost next to perfection to showing equality. Unlike in Red Velvet. Sigh. That's a different topic to talk about, though.


Gosh, they are all so gorgeous!

I hope I could write something like this for Red Velvet within this year 2020 too. It would also become my first ever comback experience from them as a whole if it ever happens. I am so looking forward to their new song considering how huge Psycho became as well. And I think Irene and Seulgi as a sub-unit was also a success considering their album sales exceeded Red Velvet's album sales. I'm not sure how well they did in the charts though. What I could only remember was that during the release of 'Monster' and a few days after that they did reach number 1, but I think they didn't really sustain ranking high for so long unlike Psycho. Which is why I have high expectations from their next comeback as well. 

Comments