Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Hotel Del Luna (IU & Yeo Jin Goo)


This entire week I'm so hooked up with this Kdrama Hotel Del Luna and I don't think it would dissipate anytime soon. I've started watching the drama last Friday evening till Sunday morning last week and yet due to incredible attachment to the drama I've repeated it right away that Sunday afternoon. Well there was a saying that Kdramas are lovelier the second time around. lol

And as if I was the creator and producer of the drama, I'm also recommending it continuously to my officemates for them to watch. Not only that! I've been skipping my japanese studies for this madness! Ugh I can't believe this, but it's happening! 

But how can I not love this drama? I mean, I am a huge fan of Goblin and has a bit love for Hwayugi so it's natural for me to love this drama, right? Well to be honest, the first time I've watched it the impact was not as huge as it had on me on my second time watching it. Maybe because my brain wasn't functioning well during those times I managed to be half awake to finish an episode. It feels like I was in a rush to finish it so I stayed up so late so I was not able to really appreciate what the characters were actually saying.. I just realized that there were so many hidden meanings to whatever that comes out from their mouth. 

At first I cannot really put my appreciation towards this drama since I've been comparing it to Goblin when it comes to concept about reincarnation, grim reaper, after life and to Hwayugi when it comes to concept of ghost adventures & deities involvement. But I've managed to take that mindset away as the drama progresses coz even if they all have similar concepts, their story lines are still different. 

I really love Jang Man Wol (portrayed by IU) and Ku Chan Seong (portrayed by Yeo Jin Goo), it's a yin and yang combination when it comes to their personalities and background. Jang Man Wol who has a twisted past and personality just makes her the chaos (yin) where as Ku Chan Seong is very kind hearted and seems very good at everything he does. His career before meeting Man Wol was at its peak so he's like the order (yang). Basically the story went on like this Ku Chan Seong trying to fix the world of Man Wol through the power of their fated love. To fulfill the warm hearted Ma Go's mission for Man Wol to finally go to afterlife and be reborn on another lifetime. 

I love the scenes where they made us torn between the thoughts that Chan Seong could be one of the important guys from Man Wol's tragic past or that Chan Seong was fated to be a new person in Man Wol's current life. Which is why it's a surprising discovery that he is actually from the same lifetime as the other 2 guys only that they have met during their childhood. Chan Seong had saved our Man Wol from the very beginning. The mystery behind his character was resolved after this information was unleashed. 

What made me love the drama also is the cliche parts where the characters are in constant bickering every episodes. It's because their personalities as mentioned are of the opposite but still in the end their love blooms like the flowers of the moon tree depicted. We have witnessed Man Wol's strong heart has wavered. 

May I just add though, I am on the side of Chan Seong when it comes to Man Wol's love life, but I cannot ignore how tragic Ko Cheong Myung (the general) has gone through. Clearly, he loved Man Wol and has his ways to protect her but it all caused deaths. Still, he has suffered to pay for his sins and stick with Man Wol after his death. Very true to his last words. 

There are so many other things to love about this drama, but I would probably create more posts about that! So look forward to it as I will become very busy sustaining this addiction towards the drama. Please continue to pray for me to maintain my sanity and my focus in studying japanese. lol 



----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments