Featured Post

Byeon Woo Seok Questions Kim Hye Yoon Whether She Came From The Future In Lovely Runner Episode 9

That scene where Im Sol stressed out that she wants Sun Jae to leave her alone was so painful to watch. There's definitely a pang of pain in there for me, what more for Sun Jae though? In his mind, probably, his unrequited love was not desirable and to be pushed away like that makes all of his efforts and sleepless nights thinking about her all wasted. Wasted in a way that he won't know what to do with his overflowing love for Im Sol. In kdrama this is romantic because viewers like us know what exactly is going on between them, but if it were to happen in real life without them knowing anything that's happening then it'll all look so creepy! lol Good thing that it is a Kdrama we're watching. kkk  Anyways, because Sol was completely drunk in that one night in their field trip, she unconsciously sang Sun Jae's song Sonaki. A song that wasn't released or publicly known yet in 2009. Of course, Sun Jae, being that crazy in love with Sol, he would believe everythi

Weathering With You

Today is a special day because today is special. lol Sometimes we do not really need any occasions to make our day special, right? Because it's up to us how we treat and see it. So in my case I always treat my day as something special and as much as possible I wanted to fill a day with something extraordinary or things/actions that would benefit my future self. But at the same time I do not want to lose having fun. Yep, we are always responsible for our own happiness.

Anyway, last night I've watched Weathering With You in the cinema with office mates. I actually do not expect anything from it because it's my first time watching an anime in the theater. The experience was really nice actually it's just that since my japanese is not that proficient yet, I find it a bit difficult to follow the animation as well as the subtitle for some time but I've adjusted as the movie progressed. Or maybe our spot was not of a good one. 

Still, the movie was so fucking great! I have this office mate that brought up about her acquaintances not liking the ending. So I was a bit anxious with it, knowing it was a Makoto Shinkai's work whose characters are not ending up together or just heartbreaking in general. (I'm speaking only in comparison to 5 centimeters per seconds and Garden of Words ofc) But as I've witnessed it, I can only clap in satisfaction. It's like finally, we have some characters who are selfish enough to fight for their love and togetherness. It's like fuck humanity we're going to live happily ever after, together. Let's forget everything else in the world! That's so majestic. lol 

The movie in general is very cinematic, as usual. You just can't help but fall in love with the animation as well as the fictional characters. My favorite characters would probably be the side ones, Natsumi and Suga. It's thanks to these people that makes the movie so relatable in an adult perspective. I kinda see Spike Spiegel in the character of Suga to be honest. They have this "whatever happens, happens" outlook in life at some point. They act that way driven by their painful past, but is trying to move forward with life for the sake of existing. The huge difference though is that Suga has a daughter and niece (relatives in general) and a decent job (somehow) which could add flavor to his life's existence. While Spike only has, me. lol 

P.S. Discovering it was Shun Oguri's voice behind that character just makes me love Suga even more!


Natsumi on the other hand has the resemblance to the role model character I have in mind. Whenever I find a character that has a spontaneous vibe but still lives with his/her values, I can't help but admire them. lol They are just so cool people but still remain so kind hearted, no pretense. In the case of Natsumi she's like a go with the flow person but still strive to uplift her way of life. Despite several rejections on her job interviews, she's still very lively and does not give up. Also entering the adult life she still manage to pursue her interests in supernatural events/stories as her uncle's part time worker. She has great sympathy over people around her as well and can go extra mile to save a friend. If we are to find people like this in reality, I'd be so fucking happy and just admire their existence at the corner. haha!


Even though that my favorites are the side characters in the movie, it does not change the fact that I like also the main characters. I mean who are we not to aspire to become as courageous as Hodaka Morishima? lol At his young life he already managed to become so adventurous and face the hardships of life. Also the fact that he's so innocent as any other young boy and is very determined to be together with his loved one are already enough to like this character type. 


And of course our Weather Maiden, Hina Amano. When we all believed she's 18 years old, and yet she's younger than Hodaka. *Cries* For her to find purpose in being the sunshine girl surely is fulfilling but comes with great consequences. I honestly love it that she's not like any other fragile female protagonist out there. I am rooting for her to come back with Hodaka and crossing fingers that she won't feel any guilt when they do. And am filled with gladness that it seems my wish came true. Enough with the chivalrous and good samaritan for the sake of the world. I guess I just like the act of selfishness for the sake of love. Finally something new. Lol not really, but I know you guys get what I meant.

Although the ending is not precise and the whole Japan is still experiencing massive weather changes, there are possibilities that along the way someone will feel guilty and actually carry out her responsibility as a sacrifice. But that is for another movie, for now I am satisfied with the ending. Just leave the rest to the viewers in deciding their own versions of continuation to the movie.

And let us of course not forget our Senpai, Nagi. The chic magnet that brings laughter to us while we watch the movie. Lol

----------

Click here to redirect to our pages:

Comments