July 10, 2024

My Sweet Mobster is an Unexpectedly Good Drama! Needs more recognition

So I have started watching the drama My Sweet Mobster yesterday and boy, I'm already addicted to it. Tbh, the first time it was released on June 12, I had a glimpse of its first episode but dropped it for the reason that I was already watching Highschool Return of a Gangster which is obviously about gangsters too. I thought that it would be redundant to watch the same theme of a drama at the same period of time. I don't really read synopsis of dramas before watching them that's why my reasoning of dropping a drama is quite too narrow. lol It was only yesterday that I found out that the two dramas are different from one another. Yes, the characters revolves around gangsters but the plot differs greatly. I really enjoyed Highshool Return of a Gangster, it's about a gangster in his forties who loves learning/studying and after saving a highschool student jumping off a footbridge that he was given a chance to return to study again but within a different body. With his soul trapped in a body that isn't his, he continued living and change the lives of everyone around him as well as the life of the owner of the body he's using. 

My Sweet Mobster is a different kind of story than Highschool Return of a Gangster. My Sweet Mobster is about Seo Ji Hwan, a former gangster who now takes on a different path of living as a company CEO. He encourages other gang members to join his company and hire them to live a better life. Instead of making money out of illegal things, Seo Ji Hwan and his guys make a living through selling different meat products. However, despite choosing to live a better life, the prejudice of the people around them sometimes are making it hard for them to move forward. Then Ji Hwan's monotonous life became colorful after meeting an online influencer named Go Eun Ha aka Minni Unni. 

Although I'm only at episode 4 right now in the drama, I'm already loving it for the reason that it's entertaining and hilarious but at the same time having depth in the story. I really love it when a drama tugs my heart. Watching a person trying his best to change his life for the better is so inspiring. It makes me admire that person at the same time do the same thing as him. The drama is relatable in so many ways and it has a good lesson to convey. Definitely a good drama that needs more recognition! I'm gonna start posting about it now so I could help for it to be recognized too! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Love Next Door Declines in Viewership Ratings from Episode 8 - 9 Comparison

Seokryu is all okay and is now heading towards a new chapter of her life with Seung Hyo and her family. It's really goodbye now with Hye...