Featured Post

Go Kyung Pyo Protected His Heart and Dream In Frankly Speaking Episode 3

This episode tells us exactly what it means to be protecting our hearts by expressing what we really mean and by standing up for our own self including our dreams. Nobody would be able to protect us but ourselves. This is really such a great reminder to all of us especially in our modern society today where we compromise ourselves and our feelings to give way to other people because there's hierarchy that dictates us what to do. This happens most especially in our workplace. It's true that in order to survive this chain, we must use white lies and sugarcoat our words to come out pleasing to the ears of those we wanted to have a good impression with but we should do it moderately. In a way that, we wouldn't lose our true selves in the long run. That has become the problem with Song Ki Baek here. He was so used to living in lies and sugarcoat everything that he lost his true self to get himself to his desired dream/goal. Now that he got a disease of telling only the truth, it

Taylor Swift is Back with Lover!

I'm one of those fans out there celebrating this precious day wherein Taylor Swift releases her newest album and music video for Lover! This might be new to all of you but I do have this burning fangirl self when it comes to Taylor Swift's music. And it's been there from the beginning along with my madness for Japanese artists as well. Though let's all be honest here, Taylor is reaaallyyy talented and her music is priceless!

Somehow her songs nurture my imagination when it comes to 'love' for whatever reason. Maybe it's because her songs are way too idealistic. A lot of songs from different artists also cater this kind of style but for me it's always Taylor that's very consistent when it comes to this. Her lyrics, the melody of her songs, ah I just love her talent and music! This is giving me so much good vibes today.

So far, as of today, my favorite songs from her album are as follows:

Lover
Of course, this cannot be omitted from my favorites. Listening to this the first time the lyric video came out just makes me so excited for the whole album. It actually made me wonder if there would be a real person out there who could bring in this type of feeling or situation being described in her lyrics. The music itself is giving away how too idealistic this song really is. At first I thought that this song describes only the honeymoon stage of love, but as the music and the video progresses I was proven wrong. Since the couple had a happy ending. Very fairy tail-like idea and I like it a lot!

Official “Lover” Lyrics: Written by Taylor Swift
We could leave the Christmas lights up ‘Til January This is our place, we make the rules And there’s a dazzling haze A mysterious way about you, dear Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

Chorus: Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close? Forever and ever Take me out And take me home You’re my, my, my, my... Lover
We could let our friends crash In the living room This is our place, we make the call And I’m highly suspicious That everyone who sees you wants you I’ve loved you 3 summers now, honey But I want them all
Chorus
Ladies and gentlemen Will you please stand With every guitar string scar on my hand I take this magnetic force of a man To be my lover My heart’s been borrowed And yours has been blue All’s well that ends well To end up with you Swear to be overdramatic and true To my lover
And you’ll save all your dirtiest jokes For me And at every table, I’ll save you a seat Lover...
Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close? Forever and ever Take me out And take me home You’re my, my, my, my... Oh you’re my, my, my, my... Darling you’re my, my, my, my... Lover
Soon You'll Get Better

This made me cry, really. I could actually feel the desperation of someone trying to save his/her loved one from an out of hand situation. And that is all by embracing all possible ways in order to hold onto the outcome that everything will all be well in the end. It's a cry of desperation, fear, sadness, hopefulness and definitely love.

Official ‘Soon You’ll Get Better’ Lyrics Written by Taylor Swift & Jack Antonoff The buttons of my coat were
tangled in my hair In doctor’s office lighting I didn’t tell you I was scared That was the first time we were there
Holy orange bottles Each night I pray to you Desperate people find faith So now I pray to Jesus too

Chorus: And I say to you
Ooh, soon you’ll get better
Ooh, soon you’ll get better Ooh, you’ll get better soon
‘Cause you have to

I know delusion when I see it in the mirror You like the nicer nurses You make the best of a bad deal I just pretend it isn’t real
I’ll paint the kitchen neon I’ll brighten up the sky I know I’ll never get it There’s not a day that I won’t try And I’ll say to you
Chorus

And I hate to make this all about me
But who am I supposed to talk to? What am I supposed to do? If there’s no you
This won’t go back to normal If it ever was It’s been years of hoping And I keep saying it because ‘Cause I have to...

Ooh, you’ll get better Ooh, soon you’ll get better Ooh, you’ll get better soon
Ooh, soon you’ll get better Ooh, soon you’ll get better Ooh, you’ll get better soon ‘Cause you have to


It's Nice to Have A Friend
This song just makes you want to appreciate all those true friends around you. Someone that could be by your side whatever the circumstances are. 

Although I kinda have a feeling that this song also expresses the genuine appreciation over anyone who has been there with you through your roughest time. Because sometimes the help that we seek can also come from our least expected person around. Not maybe one from your listed/labelled 'truest friends' list but someone you just know or familiar with. The friendship may not be continued after but you'll forever remember how that person made you feel not so alone.


Official ‘It’s Nice To Have A Friend’ Lyrics Written by Taylor Swift, Louis Bell & Adam King Feeney School bell rings Walk me home Sidewalk chalk Covered in snow
Lost my gloves You give me one Wanna hang out Yeah sounds like fun
Video games You pass me a note Sleeping in tents It’s nice to have a friend
It’s nice to have a friend

Light pink sky Up on the roof Sun sinks down No curfew
20 questions We tell the truth You been stressed out lately Yeah me too
Something gave you the nerve To touch my hand It’s nice to have a friend It’s nice to have a friend

Church bells ring Carry me home Rice on the ground Looks like snow
Call my bluff Call you babe Have my back, yeah Every day
Feels like home Stay in bed The whole weekend It’s nice to have a friend It’s nice to have a friend It’s nice to have a friend


Those songs are my top 3 most faves as of now and that's how I interpret them. You may have other interpretation but that's that for me. lol I assure you all her new songs are good and I like them all a LOT so you have to listen to them the soonest if you still haven't!

Also based on Taylor Swift's INSTAGRAM post, "This album is very much a celebration of love, coziness, and chaos." And by that only means that the album depicted all forms of love and the different emotions it brings to a person. In picking my TOP 3, they all expressed the love for a partner, a love for a family, and a love for a friend. Reason why I love these three songs so much from the album! Ah I just love the music Taylor Swift brings to this world. Yay!


Comments